Friday, February 1, 2008

Jott to Remember the Milk

Remember the Milk and Jott are both cool tools, but I don't know how much I'd actually use the first one. I've never been a list person; the only time I tried writing an actual grocery list, I'd misplaced it by the time got to the store. Since I have a vivid memory that locks away all sorts of facts, bits and numbers, I've had the life-long habit of relying on it. Which is not without its problems, as while my memory usually is very good, I've experienced the occasional adrenaline-spiking moment of, "Oh, shoot! I was supposed to ...". Perhaps I would be more likely to use an online tool like this, as what I don't like is bits of paper and notes around with lists of to-dos and reminders. But I'm guessing unless we share a Remember the Milk list as a collaborative project, I won't be using it.

Jott, on the other hand, I'm hoping to find reason to use. I thought it was so cool to be able to make a phone call and have it transcribed to into an e-mail. My first attempt didn't work because I have a soft voice and I was making the call where there was too much background noise. But the second two tries were clear and accurate word-for-word. If I have something I wanted to look into further at work, and haven't the time to log on to my computer or access to a PC, I could call and send a quick note to my e-mail account. And of course, Jott combines very well with Remember the Milk. I tried that out with my first call to Jott.

No comments: